TMJ Treatment During COVID-19
This course teaches you, the manual therapist, how to treat temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction, extra- and intra-orally, from an evidence-based perspective with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as therapeutic hand signals. This course will allow you to perform extra- and intra-oral work safely and effectively during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. This course includes a practical component that will allow you to see these practices correctly applied to a patient.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Perform extra-oral and intra-oral work safely and effectively.
- Use, remove, and dispose of PPE safely, correctly, and effectively for the safety of both manual therapist and patient.
- Ensure that therapist ergonomics are safe and comfortable.
- Use the From The Neck Up Intra-Oral Method.
- Use the Communication Leads to Rehabilitation Hands Signals.
This Course Includes:
This course also includes a downloadable course handout.
The handout provides you with the following information:
- The From The Neck Up Intra-Oral Method
- Communication Leads to Rehabilitation Hands Signals and how to adapt communication to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Infection control practices
- Face mask recommendations and guidance
- Face shield information, requirements, and cleaning practices
- Nitrile gloves important information
- Hand sanitizer use for TMJ therapy
- Hand sanitizer recommendations for healthcare settings
A Registered Massage Therapist since 2000, Jules Poulin has spent the last 12 years taking courses throughout North America as well as studying, researching and writing her own courses on TMJ Rehabilitation.
In 2018, she opened From the Neck Up: North America’s first and only massage clinic dedicated to the rehabilitation of the jaw, head, neck, voice, tongue and ears. With the advent of Covid and having a practice which consists of mostly intra-oral massage, Jules led her team through innovative ways to treat the tissues of the mouth while using PPE, all the while following Public Health and Ministry of Health recommendations ensuring both that patients and practitioners were safe during intra-oral treatments without compromising the integrity and efficacy of the treatments.
Course Material included in this course
TMJ Treatment During Covid-19
Downloadable Course Handout
Transcript of the Course Video