Pudendal Neuralgia and Other Intrapelvic Causes of Neuropathic Pain
Pudendal neuralgia and other intrapelvic nerve entrapment syndromes are poorly understood conditions. This online physiotherapy course will go through the definition and symptoms associated with intrapelvic nerve entrapment, briefly reviewing the laparoscopic anatomy of the intrapelvic nerves. Dr. Lemos will briefly describe what minimally invasive surgery is and review how candidates are chosen for surgery. He will outline what physiotherapists need to know for their patients before and after surgery including timelines and exercise prescriptions.
In this online course, you will learn:
- Sites of entrapment.
- Types of entrapment.
- Surgical outcomes.
- First-line therapy.
- Second-line therapy.
- Third-line therapy.
- Port vs pump
- About frequently asked questions.
What’s Included In This Online Physiotherapy Course?
- More than 38 minutes of video lessons.
- Bite-sized information: All of the content is broken down into bite-sized chunks, so that you can easily watch a video on your break, over lunch, or for a few minutes at night.
- Lifetime access. You can return to this course at any time. If any material is updated or added, you will have access to the new content.
- Certificate of completion. Once you've completed the course, you will receive a certificate for your professional portfolio.
- Access to this course is through Embodia, and although some of the content may be downloadable (such as a workbook or slides if included), the majority cannot. This is to protect the instructor’s material and to prevent the content from being shared freely on the Internet.
- Embodia is mobile-friendly and can be accessed by phone, tablet, and computer.
- There is no start date or completion date. You can complete the course at your own pace.
- You will be sent a receipt as soon as you purchase this course. This receipt can be used for education grants and for tax purposes.
- A special coupon for 15% off any other online course on Embodia Academy when you’ve completed this course!
This online course is for all rehabilitation professionals, including physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, chiropractors, athletic therapists, exercise therapists, and kinesiologists. This course is also relevant for movement specialists, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and those interested in learning more about pelvic floor health and wellness.
Pelvic Health Solutions (PHS) is an evidence-based teaching company that aims to educate and empower physiotherapists, healthcare professionals, and everyday people about pelvic health.
PHS was founded in 2010 out of the need to develop pelvic health resources in Ontario at a time when it was an under-serviced health concern. PHS provides continuing education courses, mentoring, and clinical resources for a variety of practitioners with the goal of equipping them to deliver evidence-based, biopsychosocial assessment and treatment of pelvic health problems in our province and abroad.
Our company also exists as a way to connect people experiencing pelvic health concerns to pelvic health physiotherapists in their area. PHS has ultimately blossomed into a community of curious people who are committed to providing hope and healing to those who suffer from pelvic health issues.
Can I Share A Course With A Friend Or Colleague? How Does The Group Discount Work?
Each course purchase is for a single viewer only, and may not be shared. If you are interested in group/staff viewing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a group discount code specifically for your group.
The larger the group, the larger the discount. Each individual must purchase separately with the discount code, and agree to the terms and conditions (legal). This provides each participant with their own copy to review at their pace, their own certificate of completion, and the opportunity to interact with colleagues as you all work collectively through the material.