The Canadian Health Care System & the Role of Physiotherapy
This virtual panel provides time for federal government representatives to give a ten-minute address to Congress attendees about multiple aspects of health, including: strengthening the universal health care system, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the health care system, the challenges facing the Canadian health care system and health care workers, the role of physiotherapy as key health system partner in Canada and more.
Join the Canadian Physiotherapy Association for this course that contains Remarks from the Federal Government: The Canadian Health Care System and the Role of Physiotherapy as Key System Partner
This course is available in English and French.
- To gain an understanding on how the federal government can contribute to our universal health care system and support the health and wellbeing of Canadians
- To develop an understanding on the importance of strengthening the health care system
- To learn how the role of physiotherapy optimizes health systems performance
- To gain an understanding of how the federal government can improve access to physiotherapy services
- To gain and understanding of the challenges facing the health care system and health care workers in Canada
- Mr. Adam van Koeverden, MP, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Health and to the Minister of sport, Liberal Party of Canada
- Mr. Michael Barrett, MP, Shadow Minister for Health, Conservative Party
- Mr. Don Davies, MP, Federal Health Critic, New Democratic Party
This online course is available to all healthcare professionals. It is brought to you by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA).
This course was recorded at the Canadian Physiotherapy Association Congress in May 2022.
Course Material included in this course
The Canadian Health Care System and the Role of Physiotherapy as Key System Partners