Telerehabilitation on Embodia
This is only applicable if you've been an Embodia member for a while and used our initial integration with Zoom to connect your telerehab account.
If you've been an Embodia member for a while, our initial integration with Zoom only allowed you to connect your Zoom account through the Embodia parent Zoom account. We have been working with Zoom to allow our users to connect their own Zoom for Healthcare account on Embodia. This functionality is now ready.
What does this mean for you?
Currently, you have a telerehab account through Zoom that was set up under the Embodia parent account, i.e. Embodia purchased this account on your behalf.
Moving forwards, we are asking our users to migrate their Zoom accounts to use this new integration and move their accounts outside of the Embodia parent account. After the migration, all the functionality will remain the same and you can keep using the Embodia-Zoom integration just as before.
What are the benefits of this migration?
- It is cheaper for you: Zoom recently announced a new tier for Zoom for Healthcare for smaller clinics and individual practitioners. Previously, a Business license was required (USD 19.99/month) whereas now, you can enable Zoom for Healthcare on Pro licenses (USD 15.99/month). Given the size of the Embodia account (more than 10 licenses), we are required to sign up for Business licenses. So you can save some money by signing up for your own Zoom account.
- You will have full control over your account: Under the Embodia parent account, you are restricted to the settings that Embodia sets and any changes (such as connecting an external application) require the approval of Embodia. By connecting your own account, you will be able to fully manage your account.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Disassociate your current account from Embodia: Sign in to Embodia, go to Consults > My telerehab accounts and click on the “x” icon.
- Visit Zoom and sign up for your own Zoom for Healthcare account (go here to do so).
- Sign in to Embodia and connect your account by going to Consults > My Telerehab accounts and following the steps outlined in this guide.