Telerehabilitation on Embodia
8 tips to keep in mind when running virtual consults:
Running virtual consults, especially when just starting out, can result in an unexpected snag here and there. These 8 tips will help you eliminate unexpected surprises and make sure that you are virtual consult-ready!
- Use strong Wifi or an ethernet cable (you can easily check your internet speed on Google here).
- Close unused programs.
- Make sure your camera is at eye level. If you're on a laptop put it on some books or a box. This way, your patients can look at you at eye level.
- Clean and declutter your background environment to maintain professionalism.
- Restart your computer if you've been running a lot of windows concurrently.
- Update to the latest browser version of Chrome, Safari, or your browser of choice.
- If you will be using Zoom for Healthcare, download the Zoom software in advance and keep it updated. Here's a helpful article from Zoom about system requirements for PC, Mac, and Linux.
- Finally, do a test run! Add yourself, your partner, your child, or someone else that you are close with as a patient to go through the process and work out any kinks before you have your first virtual clinical visit.