Complimentary Course on Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Do your patients suffer from comorbidities and make lifestyle choices that are complicating or hindering progress in physical therapy?
Are you feeling burned out or compassion fatigue from not getting the results you want
Would you like to learn exactly how lifestyle choices impact your physical therapy outcomes and how you can influence behavior change?
This one-hour online course will transform the way you look at patients. It will:
- increase your effectiveness as a therapist and improve patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- introduce you to the foundations of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
- help you streamline clinical decision-making by finding root causes of pain and disease instead of just treating a diagnosis.
- improve patient outcomes and satisfaction in less time and with less burden on you and the patient.
- tackle persistent pain and complex comorbidities that are hindering your physiotherapy outcomes.
What You Will Learn
- The vital signs of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
- The distinctive roles of Lifestyle, Integrative, & Functional Medicine in physiotherapy practice.
- The evidence-base that supports use of best practice methods of Lifestyle Medicine & Integrative Medicine.
- What lifestyle factors impact physical therapy outcomes, chronic disease and manage or halt chronic pain conditions.
- The expanded scope of service for physiotherapists using Integrative Lifestyle Medicine.
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine will expand your scope and reach into your community, improve patient outcomes, and grow your referral network. Whether you are a generalist or specialist physiotherapist you will benefit from learning how Lifestyle Medicine directly impacts musculoskeletal and neuromuscular outcomes across the lifespan.
PT, DPT, ATC, LAT
Dr. Garner is a physical therapist, author, educator and founder of Living Well Institute. She received her master and doctorate degrees from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is also a licensed athletic trainer (ATC, LAT) professional yoga therapist (PYT), and board certified in Lifestyle Medicine (DipACLM). She has specialized in chronic pain & orthopaedics in women’s health since 1995 and opened one of the first integrative yoga-based PT clinics in the US in 1999. She launched Living Well, Inc. in 2000 and Professional Yoga Therapy Institute® in 2001, where she has since trained thousands of therapists and doctors worldwide. Dr. Garner is the author of Medical Therapeutic Yoga, slated for translated in 4 foreign languages. She balances teaching and writing with her clinical practice, EudeMOMia,TM located in Greensboro, NC.
Ginger is active in the American Physical Therapy Association and serves as the North Carolina Legislative Chair. She also serves the US National Committee for UN Women as secretary of the board of directors. Ginger is committed to resolving equality issues in healthcare, which she believes is at the heart of nurturing real healthcare reform. In her spare time, Ginger performs with choral groups around the world and also conducts physical therapy-based vocal performance workshops. Ginger lives with her husband, three sons, and their rescue pup, Scout, in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA. Visit Ginger at www.integrativelifestylemed.com.
Course Material included in this course
Complimentary Webinar on Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Why We Need Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Scope of Responsibilities
Nutrition, Environmental Influences, and Movement
Sleep, Stress, and Meditation
The Integrative Lifestyle Medicine Program
Patient Exercises included in this course
The Yoga Couch
Abnormal Breath Patterns